- 1 Q. How Much Does Sorcerer King Cost?
- 2 Q: Where Can I Buy Sorcerer King?
- 3 Q: What Platforms Can I Play Sorcerer King On?
- 4 Q: Do I Need Steam to Play?
- 5 Q: Is There Any Additional DRM?
- 6 Q: Multiplayer?
- 7 Q: Turn based or Real-time?
- 8 Q: Will There Be a Campaign?
- 9 Q: What Does "Asymmetrical Gameplay" Mean?
- 10 Q: Who Is the Sorcerer King?
- 11 Q: What Does This Have To Do With Stardock's Other Fantasy Strategy Games?
Q. How Much Does Sorcerer King Cost?
Q: Where Can I Buy Sorcerer King?
Q: What Platforms Can I Play Sorcerer King On?
A: The full system requirements are:
- OS: Windows 8 / 7 SP1 / Vista SP2
- CPU: 2.2 GHz dual-core
- RAM: 2GB
- Video Card: 512mb, DirectX 9-compatible
- DirectX: 9.0c
- HDD Space: 5GB Available Space
- 64-bit is not required for Sorcerer King.
Q: Do I Need Steam to Play?
A: No. If you get it from gog.com then you can play it without a client.
Q: Is There Any Additional DRM?
Q: Turn based or Real-time?
Q: Will There Be a Campaign?
A: Yes, we'll have story-driven scenarios in the final game. The beta is currently limited to sandbox maps only.
Q: What Does "Asymmetrical Gameplay" Mean?
A: In this context, it means that your goals and resources are very different from the Sorcerer King's. He isn't interested in conquering you (well, kind of, inasmuch as he loves conquering for its own sake, but it's not his primary goal).
The Sorcerer King is trying to destroy the world to gain its power. You're trying to stop him. Good luck.
Q: Who Is the Sorcerer King?
A: He’s the bad guy who already conquered everything around you. Now he only has to destroy the remaining elemental magic shards to destroy the world and transform himself into a god. You job as the sovereign is to stop him before he can do that… if you can.
Q: What Does This Have To Do With Stardock's Other Fantasy Strategy Games?
A: Sorcerer King is an offshoot of the Fallen Enchantress franchise – not a sequel but a related title that explores new gameplay concepts within the fantasy strategy framework.
Some hundreds of years after the events of Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, a dark sorcerer arose with a terrible artifact that let him gain the power of anyone he killed. Being evil and all, he rampaged across the world and more or less murdered everyone worth murdering. Now he's trying to murder the world itself by shattering the elemental shards, absorbing their power, and becoming a god. Someone should really stop him, don't you think?